printer page transitions

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Tue Apr 28 02:19:19 EDT 2015

[Newbie here.  Gnucash 2.6.6 on Fedora Linux.]

When we print a report on our laser printer, very often the last line of a
page is split and appears partially on the next page.  It may be that some
rows of pixels are being lost, but it isn't glaringly obvious.

How can we prevent this?  Or perhaps the question should be: what did we
do to provoke this behaviour?

I don't see anything relevant in the "Page Setup" dialog box.

I don't think that the problem is that the printer lies about it's
margins: that should just lose the bottom of a line, not move it to the

It is as if Gnucash doesn't know that it is printing to pages (as opposed
to a scroll).

Maybe "Edit: Style Sheets" should do it but I don't see how.  Why isn't it
"Edit: Style Sheets..."?

Thanks for creating and maintaining Gnucash.