6 digit decimal stock purchase

Michael Carpino mfcarpino at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:32:24 EDT 2015

Hi John,

First thanks for helping me work through this issue as I am new to GnuCash
(a week).  I've previously used Quicken and I'm trying to convert to GC.

I'm not using a cash account to input these shares.  The reason for this is
they are preexisting transactions (before GnuCash).  What I am doing is
entering the transaction in Equity:Opening Balance and using the share
Account of Assets;Investments;Wells Fargo;Ameriprise .

I am also entering transaction for reinvested dividends using
Assets;Investments;Wells Fargo;Ameriprise, Income;Dividends, and
Expenses;Commissions.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Mike