Diffing two account files

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Thu Aug 13 01:15:48 EDT 2015

--On August 12, 2015 at 8:32:13 PM -0700 AC <gnucash at acarver.net> wrote:

> Is it possible to generate some kind of difference output between a
> data file and one of its backups?  I'm trying to find an entry error
> and it would be ideal if I could make a diff.

GnuCash can't do that, but if you're using an XML format file to save
your GnuCash data, it's just text file.  I sometimes use a text file
compare program to find out what changed between two versions.  The
file may be big, so whatever program you use needs to be able to diff
large files.  I usually use BBEdit, but it's a Mac program and not free
so may not be of any use to you.