Receiving a payment from a customer

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Aug 20 06:36:37 EDT 2015

On Wednesday 19 August 2015 20:18:20 Carla Ford wrote:
> I watched the videos on YouTube but when I go to process
> payment under Customer I get a notice that says “You have no valid
> “Post To” accounts. Please create an account of type “a/Receivable”
> before you continur to process this payment. Perhaps you want to
> create and Invoice or Bill first.
>

> I have already created invoices for my Customers.
>

> Could you please help me out with this problem?
>

> Thanks
> Carla Pitre Ford
> cford1961 at hotmail.com

Hi Carla,

As the message says, you need to have at least one account of type
"A/Receivable" in your account hierarchy. That will be used to create
the transaction associated with your invoice when posting. Do you have
such account ?

If not, you can create one directly in the account hierarchy by clicking
on "New Account" and filling in the form that pops up. The account type
can be selected at the bottom of the form.

Depending on the accounting habits of your country you can choose to
create this account as a subaccount of your Assets or your Liabilities.
Either are fine for gnucash.

Regards,

Geert