Recording an income which includes shares

Maxim Cournoyer maxim.cournoyer at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 20:34:42 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'd be interested in knowing how to record a pay which is partly composed
of a stock.

For example, let's say my pay stub says total income is: 1500, and 200$ of
this income is actually converted to stock 'ABC'.

I want to track the $ amount of my income (1500$), while recording the
amount of stock newly received (say 200$ is equal to 20 shares). How would
I balance such an income transaction?

Right now I have the following split defined in my income account, but I'm
not sure if that makes sense at all:

*Account                                Charge         Income*Cash
pay        Assets:Checking Account      1300
Shares pay     Assets:RSA                           20 ABC
                     Trading:CURRENCY:USD        200
                     Trading:Stock:ABC
20 ABC
                     Income:MyIncome
1500

Is this OK?

Another question I have: I'd like to schedule such a transaction every
other week, but the Scheduled Transaction Editor returns the following
warning: "Scheduled Transactions with variables cannot be automatically
created.". Is there a way to schedule such a transaction ? What variables
does it "see" in my split?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to everyone implicated in this useful piece
of software.