Issue downloading transactions from Chase

Bill Starrs wjstarrsiii at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:04:04 EST 2015

Hi,

I've been battling this same issue.  Constant rejection from Chase saying
that the username or password are incorrect and no help from customer
service.

I had switched from Quicken 2013 last year to GnuCash but installed it
last night in a VM and connected to Chase.  It worked.  I then got the
email in the Secure Message center which took me to a website where I
clicked a button and it said all was good.  Quicken was then able to
connect and download transactions without issue.

I then went right back to GnuCash and tried to connect but got the same
rejection.  The AppID and Version were the same in the OFX settings, but
there has to be something else that Quicken is doing which AqBanking is
not.  Looks like Chase is requiring something specific that identifies
Quicken specifically.  There was some kind of token generated that I
accepted from the secure message.  Perhaps this was generated by something
specific in the Quicken OFX request?

I have the OFX log from Quicken and will compare it to AqBanking to see
what else may be different.  I'm no expert in OFX however, if someone more
experienced would like to analyze after I scrub my account info out let me
know.

Best regards,

Bill Starrs