Can't delete Imbalance account

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Dec 16 13:23:05 EST 2015

Hi,

In order to delete the Imbalance account you must first make sure the
Imbalance account is empty.  My guess is that it is not.  You will either
need to delete the transactions, or at least delete the splits that go
into Imbalance (and redirect them somewhere else).

-derek

On Wed, December 16, 2015 1:16 pm, Joseph Hesse wrote:
> I was editing a credit card account and I messed up a split transaction
> so I got an imbalance. I deleted the entire transaction and entered a
> new one for the date of the deleted transaction. It worked, the splits
> were fine and there was no imbalance.
>
> I then noticed a top level account called "Imbalance-USD". It contains
> transactions from the deleted transaction. Since it is no longer
> relevant I tried to delete the "Imbalance-USD" account but it wouldn't
> delete.
>
> Is there anything I should do?
>
> Thank you, Joe

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745