Balancing Register After Import

Joseph Hesse joehesse at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:43:52 EST 2015

My quicken accounts go back to 1991. I imported my quicken accounts,
starting with 1/1/2013 to gnucash using your instructions. No problem
with the import.

I have open the Quicken register and the gnucash register for my credit
card. When I match the balance columns for the same date, I see
different numbers, presumably because the accounts start at a different
date.

In order to have the balance column match in both Quicken and gnucash, I
plan on putting a fake transaction in the credit card of 12/31/2012.  Is
this the right approach? Does the balance column mean the same thing in
Quicken and gnucash?

Thank you,
Joe