Importing QIF files

Mark Wigmore mawigmore at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 11:03:13 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to import a large QIF file generated by Moneydance 2004. I'm
getting a lot of warnings and errors and the import fails, but there's no
detail on which elements of the QIF file are causing them. These are the
error types I think are causing it to fail:

Investment action: Unrecognised action ''.
Transaction amount: Unrecognised or inconsistent format.

I've tried running GnuCash using --debug and --extra but there's no more
detail in the tracefile. How can I see more detail on what's causing the
errors please?

Mark