Automatically reconcile interest charges

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Wed Feb 11 00:21:38 EST 2015

On 2015-02-10 20:12, David Carlson wrote:
> On 2/10/2015 6:35 PM, AC wrote:
>> Is there a way to automatically mark an interest charge entry as
>> reconciled?  When I start the reconcile process on some accounts, I have
>> GC configured to bring up the Interest Charge dialog so I can enter that
>> value just before starting the reconcile process.  It would be great to
>> have that automatically reconciled (or at least just marked cleared
>> until I click "Finish") so I don't have to hunt for it in the list.

> A silly question: Are you that confident that there are no bogus charges
> in your account that you are not even searching the list anyway?

I don't see how it's relevant but yes, I'm usually quite confident there
are no bogus charges.

In any event I'm only asking about the one specific entry, the Interest
Charge.  MS Money used to do it during the reconcile process since it
assumes that you entered the information from the statement itself.