importing files into GnuCash

Dean Gibson gnucash.stuff at ultimeth.com
Sat Feb 14 17:50:11 EST 2015

On 2015-02-14 13:47, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> Hello Doug,
> ...  I would encourage you to just try it --
> install GNC, export the data from Quicken, import it into GNC, and see
> what happens.  All it will cost you is some time.

Not true.  Once you spend a little time importing your Quicken data and
get used to GnuCash, you will spend some additional time periodically
banging your head against a wall, wondering why you didn't do this
earlier.  The, you will spend additional time trying to evangelize all
the Quicken users you know.

Fortunately, this year you have some additional ammunition:  Go read the
Amazon reviews of this year's TurboxTax to get additional info about Intuit.

Trust me on this.