Canada Pension Plan

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 00:07:13 EST 2015

Thanks, that's helpful. What I'm taking away is that despite the word
"pension" in the title of the program, the CPP is more like a tax than a
pension plan, in that the benefit is largely unpredictable and out of my
control. I treat tax as an expense, so I should treat CPP as an expense as
well.

Furthermore, if I want to do retirement planning well, I need to take data
out of GnuCash and put it into another application like a spreadsheet, and
combine that data with data from other sources such as the ServiceCanada
web site. I can't do everything in GnuCash. (Too bad.)