subsequent year

helendel dlmrgnk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 07:29:54 EST 2015

Life gets complicated.  I opened my current set of accounts for 2015 with
very few entries (not knowing the terminology sucks), clicked save as, and
used "template" in the name.  I closed gnucash, verified that the newly
created file was there using Windows, re-opened gnucash, told it to open my
newly created file and got an error message that "no backend information",
or some such wording, and no file opened.  There are now two such files in
my "books" file under gnucash which Windows apparently cannot delete.  Why
on earth does the software keep a set of accounts that cannot be opened?
And, more importantly, what must one do to create a set of accounts that CAN
be opened?  And how does one delete a set of accounts that are unusable?
Thanks,
DK