GNUCash Import QIF - Help Please!

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:01:37 EDT 2015

> GT-I9070 H <gti9070h at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello Derek!
> >
> > As it was small vacation? You did greatly missed here!

> >     GT-I9070 H <gti9070h at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >     > Until GnuCash Desktop to open a gateway to import Exchange Rates,
> >     GnuCash
> >     > Android is impaired to support multiple currencies.
> >
> >     Actually, current versions of GnuCash Android can load and save
> GnuCash
> >     data files directly (apparently)..
> >

> > I saw but have not tested this feature yet.
> >
> > As far as I know there is no way to transfer GnuCash Android exchange
> rates
> > for the GnuCash Desktop.
>
> There is -- by sharing the data file.

Ok, is not a transfer between data files, is a sharing of the same file,
but it's great, it's works.

> >     > GnuCash Android with few modifications could also generate files
> "QIG"
> >     format.
> >
> >     You'll need to talk to them about that.
> >
> > Yes, I sometimes talk with Ngewi Fet, but first I need to talk to you.
>
> No, you should talk to him first to see if he's even willing to work on
> this.  If not, then there's no reason to make a non-standard GnuCash
> importer just for your VBA code.
>
> > I need to know what you think best about GnuCash Desktop importer.
> >
> > Stay as it is, updating to accept "QIG" (or something like that), or
> update
> > CSV importer to accept taxes or even better suggestion?
> >
> > Update the GnuCash importer to accept rates that would open this
> communication
> > with the GnuCash Android and give users alternative to use new
> approaches to
> > work with multicurrency such with this we are discussing above.
>
> For *YOUR* use case I'd suggest extending the CSV importer to allow
> assigning both Amount and Value to each transaction (this is in lieu of
> the direct exchange rate -- GnuCash doesn't actually store an exchange
> rate, it's 100% computed from the Amount and Value).

Ok. Thank you very very much.

As far as I know currently CSV importer does not import CATEGORIES.
Do you suggest extending the CSV importer to allow assigning categories too?

> For interfacing with GnuCash Android I'd suggest the data-file-sharing
> approach if you actually use multiple currencies.

Ok, I'll start the tests, but as far as I know GnuCash Android does not yet
support multiple currencies.

I think my case is very unusual, I live in one country and my assets are in
another.

Thanks dear Derek!

Regards
GTI