Fwd: bond prices

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jul 18 23:02:27 EDT 2015

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: brad <bradhaack at fastmail.us>
> Subject: Re: bond prices
> Date: July 18, 2015 at 6:59:56 PM PDT
> To: John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
>
> I get the prices from the fidelity or vanguard site, from my accounts page.  I compute the price from the current value which they list, divide by the number of bonds.

Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

Finance::Quote, and therefore GnuCash, supports both Fidelity and Vanguard as quote sources. In theory you should be able to provide the same symbol in the security as you use on those websites and retrieve the quotes. Try running

gnc-fq-dump source symbol

making the obvious substitutions and see what comes back. Both are screen-scrapers, so if the bond quote pages are significantly different from the fund and stock pages they might   need a bit of tweaking to work right.

Regards,
John Ralls