Lost Checks - No Payee - Best Practice

Milton Stern drmoshe5 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 20:18:31 EDT 2015

Thank you for the explanations.

It gives me a bit more of a picture of how things integrate.

I deal with information systems and databases, and frequently look for
integrated tracking, checks and balances.
I was just trying to find the best way of tracking of a jump in check
numbers, with easy identification of possible future fraudulent check
writing. (I don't trust the bank to identify a fraudulent check. Banks
frequently cash checks that are even missing signatures, dates and have
wrong names.)
I am trying to avoid maintaining 2 databases for this purpose. Since I can
not use a blank transfer account transaction, nor the "Orphan" account, I
guess a separate payeeless Voided Check account may be my best option.

Thank again,

Moshe