Deleting customers

Mart mart at bruulog.ee
Sun Jun 21 07:46:44 EDT 2015

On 21.06.2015 13:22, Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Sunday 21 June 2015 07:53:39 Christoph Holtermann wrote:
>> Hello Geert,
>>
>> This question is a bit old, but still moving me.
>> In gnucash I didn't find a way to change the owner of the invoice. If
>> I unpost the invoice I only have the possibility to change the owners
>> details but I couldn't find a way to change between owners. It's the
>> same for the number of the invoice. Using the python bindings I can
>> change both.
>>
> You can do the same in gnucash. I agree the invoice window is misleading in this respect,
> because it lists the owner but no way to choose another one directly.

Owner? Do you mean Customer?

> Instead you have to choose "Edit invoice" or something similar (I'm not at a computer with
> gnucash installed right now). There is also a toolbar button for it.
>
> That will pop up the same window you saw when you created the invoice and will allow you
> to choose another owner.

No, it will not. It allows you to screw up your existing Customers name,
ID, address etc.  I have really hard time calling this "Changing a
customer on a invoice"

I have no idea how this will affect previous transactions with now
"updated" client. I am not going to test it :)