QIF file from Quicken 2000

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:03:00 EDT 2015

On 6/23/2015 6:46 AM, Denis wrote:
> I can create a QIF file from Quicken 2000 (good or bad I don't know)
> When I try to import that file in GnuCash nothing appends.
>
> Could it be that Quicken 2000 is to old?
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Den

You should be able to import QIF files from any version of Quicken.
There are a few things that do not come over well, so it is a good idea
to run some tests, as you have already started to do.  If you tried to
export everything into one file you may simply have not waited long
enough for GnuCash to parse the file, so try a small chunk.

To know why you cannot see any results at all we need to know more
precisely what you do see.  Did you export, for example, a single bank
account for a restricted time interval from Quicken?  When you ran the
QIF importer in GnuCash did you complete any of the several steps that
you must go through to complete the import?  Were you able to assign the
transactions to either a new account or an existing account in GnuCash?
What else significant happened?

David C