Trying to install gnucash-2.6.7

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jun 30 12:33:02 EDT 2015

> On Jun 30, 2015, at 9:06 AM, Richard Barmann <dick at stripingthetown.com> wrote:
>
> I downloaded the new version, opened it, and did ./configure. After it finished I tried to do "make". All my files have are "Makefile.an" and "Makefile.in" and "make-gnucash-potfiles.in". None of them are accepted by the program. I get command not found. Thanks for any help.

Then configure failed. The tail of its output should say why, and excruciating detail can be found in config.log.

One likely reason for configure to fail is missing dependencies. You need the development packages for them to build GnuCash. See http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_heard_it_is_too_hard_to_compile_GnuCash.21 for an easy way to get them installed on the major distros. That section of the FAQ has more information about building, as do README, README.dependencies, and INSTALL in the  tarball and http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building.

Regards,
John Ralls