Question on Split Transaction stock/fund purchases

Eric Moon eric at ericmoon.net
Thu Mar 5 13:25:33 EST 2015

(version 2.6.5 on Win7)

I'm trying to enter a stock purchase (well, mutual fund, but same
thing) with a brokerage fee using the exact steps outlined in the
documentation - section 8.5.2 : buy of shares, brokerage fee, and
deduction from cash account to fund it all.

My problem is that when I enter all of the data, the balance ends up
blank - it doesn't add the new shares purchased to the running total,
it just makes the balance column empty.

This carries forward to the account list - blank as well for that
stock, and in all reports.

Any ideas on what's going on?  I have some screenshots, but am unsure
of attachment etiquette on this list.