How to print invoices from gnucash

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Mon Mar 16 11:32:40 EDT 2015

On 03/16/2015 10:22 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "L. D. James" <ljames at apollo3.com> writes:
>
>> I have created an invoice.  However, I can't figure out how to print
>> the invoice that I created.
>>
>> A google search on printing invoices shows many steps for creating
>> customize invoice formats.  The few that shows the actual options
>> haven't worked for me.  I go to the steps and either get a grayed out
>> invoice option of this error message:
>>
>> No valid invoice selected. Click on the Options button and select the
>> invoice to use.
>>
>> I have one invoice in the system.  It's invoice reference number: 000001
> So, did you go into the Report Options and select your invoice?
>
>> When I have it on the screen and try to follow the steps I found
>> (Reports -> Business -> Printable Invoice) I see it as a grayed out
>> option.
> Did you post your invoice?  The print button is greyed out until you do,
> because until you post it it doesn't actually "exist" in your Chart of
> Accounts.

Thanks, Derek.

Use I clicked on the post.  I can see it when I navigate to the Balance
Sheet.  Just curious.  Would it show in the Balance Sheet if it weren't
posted.  It shows the total assets as that receivable and the amount
posted to the checking account.

I believe the "Report Options" is a clue.  I don't know how to get to
that feature to select the invoice.  This is why I gave the invoice
number because I felt that I was missing how to select it.

I'm sure it'll turn out to be something extremely simple that I'm over
looking.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James