Custom Reports

Jill Terry jill at babrees.co.uk
Tue May 5 03:02:10 EDT 2015

Thanks Maf - log-in?   I don't have a log-in, I just open the
appropriate gnucash file.

OH (penny drop) - do you mean WINDOWS login?   oh blimey, I don't have
the time, patience or memory to have to keep logging in and out all the
time just for one program!

That is a great shame and a big drawback that the custom reports are not
kept separate for each file :(

I have 20 reports for the club at the moment, I want some for my
personal file and I am just about to put my business accounts on GnuCash
as well - that's gonna be a mighty long list of custom reports to scroll
through :(

Cheers

On 05/05/2015 07:36, Maf. King wrote:
> On Tue 5 May 15 05:57:06 Jill Terry wrote:
>> Not quite sure what you mean, Michael.
>>
>> If you mean have two totally separate GnuCash files in totally separate
>> folders for each set of accounts, so that each one is opened
>> individually. Yes, that is what I have and meant when I said "I have two
>> separate accounts (files)".
>>
>> However, when I open my personal accounts ALL custom reports that I have
>> made in ANY setup are shown.
>>
>> Cheers

>>> Yes of course, you can use a separate log in for club vs personal
>>> business.
>>>
>>> Michael
> Hi Jill,
>
> Michael means exactly what he says - use a separate login - ie username.
>
> The custom reports are stored per-user, in some different file than your data
> files.  This means that the only way to have different custom reports in the
> custom reports list is to have different user profiles. Thus it follows that
> not all reports in the list will make useful output, if run against the
> "wrong" datafile.
>
> An alternative to the 2-login approach is to be cunning with your naming - if
> you need a similar name, then call it personal-myReport, for example. All the
> reports will be visible for both datafiles, but it should be fairly clear
> which one you need to run!
>
> HTH,
> Maf.

---