Can't Open on MAC

Paul Carini paulcarini at comcast.net
Tue May 5 17:14:31 EDT 2015

Hey, I hate to keep bothering you.  My Terminal window does not have a prompt or flashing cursor.  If I double click at the end of the second line, a blue line, like a text block, appears.  If I hit return, it duplicates the last line, so it looks like this:

Last login: Tue May  5 16:55:13 on ttys001
paul-carinis-macbook-2:~ pcarini$
paul-carinis-macbook-2:~ pcarini$

If I double click below the existing text, and copy in your phrase hoping it will appear as a separate line, it instead adds the phrase to the end of the existing second line, looking like this:

Last login: Tue May  5 16:58:08 on ttys000
paul-carinis-macbook-2:~ pcarini$  /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash --debug --logto=stderr

My Terminal window, before I attempt any changes, has a cylindrical "tower" at the end of the second line which does not show up when I copy and paste the contents.  This black quarter inch tower is where I have placed a red X on the copy below.  (I don't know if this has any significance or is interfering with my trying to follow your instructions.)

> Last login: Tue May  5 17:00:03 on ttys000
> paul-carinis-macbook-2:~ pcarini$ X

Sorry, this is the best I can explain what is going on.  Very frustrating!  thanks again for your patience.

Paul