XBT currency

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.com
Mon May 11 11:51:12 EDT 2015

Also, do some testing before you settle in thinking it is working.  I
posted this to the list in January 2012 and don't recall getting a response:

     I am on Windows using GnuCash 2.4.9 and was previously using
GnuCash 2.4.7.  I was unable to run r21886 and not extremely affected by
the clipboard bug, so I am running stable (r21846).
     I am tracking a virtual currency and having trouble with rounding.
  I chose currency XXX which shows fraction traded as 1/1000000 in the
edit currency screen.  I also have the smallest fraction in the edit
account screen set to 1/1000000.  When I look at the ledger, it shows
six zeroes following the decimal point.  However, when I am entering a
transaction (especially split one), it sometimes rounds at hundredths
(leaving an imbalance even though the split doesn't show one).  More
importantly, it always rounds off the sixth decimal place when I save
and reload the file.  I went through and manually adjusted all of the
transactions back to 6 decimal places after the upgrade and verified
that was all lost after saving and reloading.  I also verified that
currency USD is 1/100 which implies that the software should work with 6
decimal places in currency XXX.  Ideally I would use 8 decimal places,
but that is clearly not an option in the software.  Am I missing another
setting somewhere in the software?

Hopefully I was doing something wrong or the issue I was experiencing
with odd-case rounding to hundredths in spite of the 1/1000000 setting
has been resolved by an update since then.  I stopped trying to track
virtual currency in GnuCash sometime after that, so I couldn't tell you
how well it does or doesn't work now.

Dustin