finding a deleted reconciled transaction

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 20 14:30:53 EDT 2015

Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Sun, 17 May 2015 20:11:07 <sjm7fs6zqw4.fsf at securerf.ihtfp.org>  Derek
> Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>
>
>>Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>> Thu, 14 May 2015 13:50:30 <1431636630940-4678330.post at n4.nabble.com>
>>> ihf <irafuchs at gmail.com>

>>> first: you are using the word "reconciled" unusually for some people.
>>
>>Sorry, Wm, but the OP is not using the word "reconciled" unsually.
>>There is a reconciled balance, which is a runtime summation of all
>>reconciled splits in an account.  If the balance does not match your
>>bank statement opening balance then yes, it's possible that there was a
>>deleted or modified reconciled transaction.
>
> OK, which bit of gnc do you think the reconciled balance referred to is?

Well, if you open up any register there is a "reconciled balance" at the
bottom of the window.

There is also the "Starting Balance" of the Reconcile window..

So it could be, without thinking hard, either of those options.