Need help installing

Alek peace at AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net
Wed Nov 11 00:39:19 EST 2015

   Solved, but I don't know why.  For some reason or another GC has
   started to work.

   On 11/10/2015 10:00 PM, Alek wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just installed a new hard drive (SSD) on my notebook and did a
bare-metal installation of the old drive onto the new one.

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04.

However, on the new drive GC won't run.  On the old drive- it will run.

So, I installed GC 2.6.9 using the tarball and ./configure    make
make install

Well, after all of that was done GC even put an icon in my applications
Office folder but when I click on it nothing happens.  When trying to
start GC using Terminal here's the only error message received;

$ gnucash
gnucash: error while loading shared libraries: libgnc-gnome.so.0: cannot

Any ideas what to do to fix this?

Thanks,

Alek