Mutual Fund Redistribution

david.carlson.417 david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 23:33:17 EST 2015

When you received the dividend, it was used to purchase additional fractional shares, which then increase the basis by that amount.  Thus the income does increase the basis.  If you took the dividend as cash, the basis would not increase.  What is your question?
David C

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone