QFX imports for Investment accounts

Al atrud at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 15:47:40 EDT 2015

 I am unable to get QFX imports to interact correctly with my existing
 investments accounts.

 Example. I have under Assets---Investments---Brokerage Accounts---Stocks------
 "MY BROKERAGE COMPANY NAME" ; under which I have an account for each Stock (for
 example Gnu Business Machines),  Within this account I have 2
 historical transactions (BUY/SELL, Imported via QIF)) and the current view
 shows.....GNU Business Machines  0 GBM...... which is correct, at
 least the data is..

My QFX file has a Buy Trade for GBM and when imported I get a New Account
Window showing GBM as a new Account, Type= stock, Parent Account= Brokerage
Accounts. I can change the Parent Account to indicate where my existing GBM
account lives, but no matter, when I OK the import I have a "New" GBM account
with the correct trade info per this QFX file. So now I have two GBM
accounts.  Another Import generates a another New Account as a sub account of
the prior import's new account. .  So every import creates a new account
 rather than adding new entries to my original GBM stock account and every new
account is a sub account of the prior import containing transaction data.

I cannot seem to solve this issue on my own, your help will be greatly appreciated.
Final comment. I also have a separate file with Bank accounts and I have no problems
with importing QFX files.  New data is entered where old date lives and life
is good.

 Thanks   Al