Basic information screen

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Oct 25 18:46:47 EDT 2015

> On Oct 25, 2015, at 2:56 PM, Curlyfoo <curlyfoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This is a recent occurrence and one I find I don't use. I spend months every year in UK when I mainly use £ s.  The NZ accounts are used for APs and monthly deposits during this time. This has worked well for me for years and I wish of delete this option. Is this possible? Thanks

Sorry, it’s not an option. If you’re creating transactions with more than one commodity you must enter an exchange rate. That’s not a new requirement: How else would GnuCash be able to balance such a transaction?

Have you recently upgraded GnuCash? If so, from what version to what version, and on what operating system/distro?

Select an older transaction between GBP and NZD accounts — one from before you started seeing the Transfer Dialog. Right click in it and select “Edit Exchange Rate” from the resulting context menu. That will bring up the Transfer Dialog showing the exchange rate for that transaction. What is it? (You can click Cancel to dismiss the Transfer Dialog without changing anything.)

Regards,
John Ralls