Getting Gnucash to open correct file on start up

Richard Barmann dick at stripingthetown.com
Thu Sep 17 11:06:57 EDT 2015

I still have a problem when I open Gnucash. I have to go to the file of
Business Gnucash and search for the latest file to open. I think I am
saving and closing wrong. I have a large file of gnucash which includes
log files. I then have to open several gnucash files until I find the
latest one.  Could someone give me a step by step to close gnucash so
that when I open it it will automatically open with the correct file.
Also can I delete the old files in this folder? I am using gnucash
2.6.6. in Kubuntu 15.10
Thank you.