File access on smartphone

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:58:08 EDT 2015

On 9/17/2015 11:46 AM, Fred Bone wrote:
> On 17 September 2015 at 10:57, Derek Atkins said:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Johnny Philip <jkphilipsocmed at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Will I be able to access my GnuCash file on my smartphone?
>> Only if you use a file sharing service (like Dropbox), which it out of
>> scope for GnuCash.
> My Android tablet came with an app for remotely accessing my PC. I see no
> reason why such things shouldn't work on smartphones. That would provide
> a mechanism for accessing a GnuCash file from a smartphone.
>
> (I hasten to add that I haven't tried it, so I have no idea how well it
> works.)

I think that it is important to mention that the only thing that you can
do with the file on an Android device (as far as I know) is to open it
with the GnuCash for Android app.  Then if you still want to keep your
desktop file current you need to follow the procedures outlined there to
achieve that.

The last time I tried that I found that I needed to wait for that
program to mature more before I would use it regularly.  Maybe it is
there now, I haven't checked recently.

David C