I have a massive chart of accounts, how can I search?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Apr 19 12:41:31 EDT 2016

On Tuesday, 19 April 2016 12:20:16 BST Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,

<SNIP>

> Note that when you're entering transactions there are keyboard shortcuts
> to handle your account hierarchies.  I.e. you can type:
>
>   E x : U t : E l
>
> to get to Expenses:Utilities:Electricity
>
> -derek

Hi,

That typing shortcut has caught me out a couple of times since I jumped up to
2.6.11.  about half a dozen times recently I've ended up creating gobledy-
gook, but I haven't worked out yet exactly what is happening.

I think it involves autofill, and to take your example, Derek, I  have been
ending up with something like Ex:Utilitypenses.  Does this sound familiar to
anyone else?  when I get the time to catch up on my data enrty I'll try and
diagnose better and probably be back with a bug report...

Cheers,
Maf.