Paypal transaction split confusion

trythis grahamlane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:46:19 EDT 2016

This was a very useful post, thanks for the insight.  I want to clarify that
my invoicing is not functioning on a real pledging function.  I wasnt using
the right word because we dont get pledges, just cash donations or
fundraising income. Some of our income results in tickets to our functions,
other times it goes to restricted project expenses.  The only way I can keep
up with all the donations from people in one set of books is through
invoicing. I am only invoicing after the donation is made so theoretically,
as an instant invoice, its generated the instant the donor decides to let go
of the cash and it gets posted and paid the moment the money hits the table.

I suppose a person could have an series of accounts that keep track of
donors, but the invoice system works great for reports on customers (donors)
and ties in very well with reports on actual activities ppr programs.

Instead of programming a "pledging system" I guess I would have to develop a
"contribution receipt" or just change invoicing ling to Statement for the
non-profit wing of gnucash.  Since I am not a programmer I will just have to
dream.

Mike or Penny Novack-2 wrote