LastNum Column Behavior

Cheryl Wheeler c_wheeler_2002 at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 12 19:29:05 EDT 2016

I noticed the following odd behavior in Gnucash:

I have the LastNum column displayed in the main chart of accounts. I
added a new entry in my chequing account for a cheque that I wrote, but
forgot to enter the cheque number. I
later edited the entry to add the cheque number, and the number was not
updated in the LastNum column in the chart of accounts (the previous
cheque number was still displayed).

Saving, closing, and reopening the book did not cause LastNum to be
updated. I was able to fix the problem by duplicating the entry and then
deleting the duplicate.

Is this a known issue? Gnucash 2.6.12, Windows 7.