Deposit through customer

S. Sliackus ssliackus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 16:08:25 EDT 2016

Hello,
I am new to GnuCash, so sorry for irrelevant questions if it happens.
How Can I retain Customers name when depositing money? I have a
situation when there is no sales process - no invoices, no payables,
receivables. I do charity accounts and we collect donations (so there is
no sales process, money is deposited directly to bank account), but when
I deposit donated money to bank, I only able to have donors (aka
Customers) name in Description, what means that I cannot make reports on
how much which donors donated over time.
Any solutions to that?
Thanks
Saulius