Australian Time Zones

Doug Laidlaw laidlaws at hotkey.net.au
Mon Dec 19 02:20:16 EST 2016

The recent release notes gave Australia's timezone as GMT-10.  That is
not correct.

Australia has three timezones.  In Eastern Australia, where I live, the
timezone is GMT+10 (150 deg E.)  Summer time, where implemented, is
GMT+11.

Central time, used in Adelaide, is GMT+9.5.

Perth, W.A. time is GMT+8.  East of Eucla on the south coast, local
time is GMT+9, but that may not be an official TZ.

GMT-10 passes right through Central Alaska, but Alaska uses GMT-9.

Doug.

--
Mageia release 6 for x86_64 running 4.8.1-desktop-1.mga6 with DE=Xfce
I agree with no man's opinions.  I have some of my own.