Need a suggestion for getting this done:

VotedMostPolite VotedMostPolite at budling.com
Sat Dec 31 08:43:51 EST 2016

David,

  Thank you for your post ... I did the double split however, although the
transactions show up in partner contribution, the end result is a zero
balance in that account.   I think that your first suggestion, keeping the
books separate, is the better idea and one that I came up with anyway.
Probably the same amount of work with less headache.   Is there an easy way
to extract all of the personal account information into a new gnucash file
without a lot of headache? I hope so.

   Thanks again and have a great New Year!

George