Transactions locked

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:21:10 EST 2016

Here are a couple of other things to check.

Check the account properties by typing Ctrl-E from within the account
view.  Look in particular at whether the Placeholder box is checked.

Open File > Properties and under the Accounts tab. See if Day threshold for
Read Only Transactions (red line) is set to 0.  If not, do you see a red
line in the register?  Assuming the sortation is set to default,
transactions above the red line cannot be changed.  I am not sure when this
feature was added to GnuCash.  Right now I am testing a weekly build
slightly newer than 2.6.11 in Windows and it does work after the focus is
moved to a date more than the set number days into the past history part of
the register.

David C