Old Files

Steve butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:00:02 EST 2016

"I've been a GnuCash user for several years, through several versions
(including the current), and I have that setting set at 30 days (and
yes, "For:" is selected).  GnuCash has never deleted a single old
.gnucash file or .log file.  I generally delete them after about a year..."

Once a week or every 2 weeks (I have it calendared to remind me), I manually
run a command I created using the forfiles program, which automatically
deletes any file in my designated gnucash directory more than X days old.
Simple, works well.  Used it under Windows 7, now using it under Windows 10.
I use the forfiles command options to do more than just delete old files, it
also creates a separate backup which is automatically synced in my google
drive.