Scripting downloading of transactions

jmk jmk at cmail.nu
Thu Feb 11 07:43:10 EST 2016

Has anyone scripted the download of OFX transactions into GnuCash? I
would like GnuCash to automatically download transactions once a day
without input from the user. Can anyone think of how this could be done?

My goal is to create a daily "balance alert" that will take my checking
balance and subtract my credit card balance and send me an email/text
daily to tell me what funds I have available that day. I am pretty sure
I can accomplish this through the use of shell scripting and piecash,
but the missing piece is keeping GnuCash up to date with the latest
transactions w/o intervention.