How do TURN OFF: double clicking transaction goes to split ledger

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 08:53:02 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Ed Love <ed65love at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well you'd better describe exactly what you're doing and when.  Give us all
>> the information up front as we can't see what you're doing and when
>> instead
>> of just guessing.  Reconciling to me means that I've gone to an account
>> ledger and then clicked on the reconcile button which after a few more
>> clicks depending on the account options I have set displays the Funds In /
>> Funds Out window showing two columns of transactions.  This is exactly
>> what
>> I do when I get my monthly account statements so I'm not sure why your
>> process is any different?
>>

> Maybe that's the right window? All I know is that there's no title saying
> FIFO. I've attached a screenshot.
>
> Again: when I click on any of those transactions, it takes me to a split
> ledger instead of the basic one as it used to do. Split takes heaps more
> effort changing the transaction.

I just want to weigh in that I have seen this behavior off and on for quite
awhile, though not consistently. I can't recall if it occurred before the
2.6.x series of GnuCash, and I never could figure out a pattern for when it
happened. I use Ubuntu, so it's not limited to just Windows builds.

If I recall, rather than a split view it's actually the General Ledger
view. I believe there's also some sort of different decoration on the tab
when it opens; maybe the title is italicized? Maybe it has an extra red X
mark? I don't recall for certain. Maybe Ed can take a screen shot to
document it better.

Being a long-time user and quite used to dealing with the various views, it
never bothered me much; it just seemed strange. After all, the register is
normally open when you're reconciling, so why would GnuCash open a strange
additional General Ledger tab when clicking a transaction in the "Funds In
/ Funds Out" reconcile dialog?

I don't recall seeing it do this in awhile, so it may not be a problem in
GnuCash 2.6.11. I would definitely recommend upgrading to see if it still
occurs.