Transactions involving different currencies

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 06:01:15 EST 2016

John Ralls-2 wrote
> That's interesting. What account type is Sparkonto?

Sparkonto is defined in GC as a "Bank" account.

John Ralls-2 wrote
> In the Sparkonto register you should be able to use Edit Exchange Rate
> from the split's context menu to set either a price or an amount. Pay
> close attention to the direction of the exchange indicated in the dialog
> box.

I opened the Sparkonto account view and right-clicked the amount in the
Sparkonto line in the split view of one of the transactions in question.
When I pick "Edit Exchange Rate" from the resulting context menu, I get the
attached message: "The two currencies involved equal each other", and find
no way to edit the exchange rate.
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4683550/Equal_Currencies.png>
Sparkonto is in CHF.
The Sarasin fund should now be in EUR, since I moved it under a EUR
placeholder account, as you suggested earlier. This EUR account was
originally defined as a "Bank" account (the default), but changing it to an
"Asset" account has not changed the behaviour.