Sell at Profit

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 29 10:38:41 EST 2016

Hi,

E Rosenberg <wmcomputersystems at gmail.com> writes:

> Hit the send button too early
>
> Buy at 450   Sell at 700
>
> Step1
>
>                                                    Deposit
>                      Withdraw
>
> Assets: Accts Receivable             700
> Income:Sales
>                  700
>

> Step2
>
> Asset:Inventory                            450
> Expenses: Cost of Goods Sold
>          450
>
> When I perform these two steps, ending with either a tab or enter:1]
> The transaction is wiped out and 2] the balance is never updated.

In which (account) register are you entering Step2?  Most likely you're
not in the Asset:Inventory register, and therefore when the transaction
is entered it's not "attached" to the currently open register window,
and therefore disappears.  If you open Asset:Inventory you should see it
there.

This would also explain why it's not modifying the current account
balance, because you have no splits that touch the current account.