QIF import.... nothing imported

Allan allanhasmail at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:02:06 EST 2016

I'll rerun and report the steps:
File->Import->QIF
Info screen:click Forward
Select the file to load. Here's part of it... 106 lines total... This
looks ok to me.
!Type:Invst
D11/19'15
U0.03
T0.03
MCourtesy Credit
LIncome:Interest
^
D12/01'15
U0.03
T0.03
MCourtesy Credit
LIncome:Interest
^
D12/03'15
U0.01
T0.01
MCourtesy Credit
LIncome:Interest
^
D12/17'15
U0.01
T0.01
MCourtesy Credit
LIncome:Interest
^

Info screen: press Start
Account Name: I enter the account ... Assets:Cash acct  and Forward
"QIF files you have loaded..." I'm done, click Forward.
Info screen, click forward,
Match QIF accounts with GC accounts. One is shown, exact match as
always. Forward
Income and expense categories info screen: Forward
Match QIF categories with GC accounts: big list of 20-25  categories and
accounts, all exact matches. nothing New. Click forward,
Currency USD , Forward
QIF import Start
Update your GC accounts: Click Apply
QIF Import complete, Done.

Now I look for changes in the registers.....and can't find any anywhere.
Nothing happened!!!!

Somewhere a light shines... an angel appeared, ... (weird, but... he
looks like ObiWan, Oh well, I'm deparate here!), and says...

Check the QIF!

Huh. Not the force? At this point, I got to looking in some other QIF's
that imported months ago, and found the problem. I have no P (Payee)
field in the QIF. In my register, it was blank so I left it out in the
Calc2QIF macro that creates the QIF. The following QIF is what's needed
(with the PGT, Payee field:

D03/02'15
U19.80
T19.80
PGT
MGOODYEAR TIRE & RUBBER CO: CASH DIV  ON     330: AT $.06 PER SHARE
LIncome:Dividend:GT
^

What an ordeal. There needs to be some kind of error or message to
indicate what's going on here.

Thanks for your help David. Come by for a cold one any time! :-)

Allan