Duplicate Transactions from OFX

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jan 4 18:32:04 EST 2016

> On Jan 4, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Brody, Justin <Justin.Brody at goucher.edu> wrote:
>
> Thanks again John!  I'd be happy to send it but am not sure where to find it?  The data is coming straight from the bank, I looked in my temporary directory but only found "gnucash.trace".  For whatever it's worth, when I download a QFX file from the bank and import it nothing strange seems to happen.

Ah, sorry I misunderstood. I see from your original letter that you "set up an OFX link" and I somehow converted that to you were downloading OFX files.

That does mean that there's no file to send.

You could try running GnuCash from the command line with the argument "--log gnc.import.aqbanking=debug" (minus the quotes, of course) and send me the resulting gnucash.trace. There might be a clue in there. That will expose even more information than the OFX file would, so don't send it to the list.

Regards,
John Ralls