Deposit Error

David J. Bakeman dbakeman at comcast.net
Tue Jan 5 14:45:25 EST 2016

   Recently the bank returned a check deposited for an invoice.  I
   corrected the problem and redeposited the check.  Now I'm wondering how
   to account for this in gnucash?  See the problem is that the statement
   has a deposit then a withdrawal then another deposit that I want to
   account for.
   I'm thinking two transactions one from checking to ?? to match the
   withdrawal by the bank and another from ?? to checking to represent the
   deposit after the correction.  What I can't figure out is what account
   ?? should be?  It's not an expense is it?  Is it a temporary asset?
   Any thoughts?