Fwd: Re: Plot Problems

lj lj308 at pobox.com
Mon Jan 11 19:36:19 EST 2016

Louis C. Kouvaris wrote:
> My distribution doesn't package GC, I configured and compiled the source
> code myself. I have enabled practically every option in GC so I doubt
> that is any cause of a problem. I even configured and compiled WebKit
> with the --with-gtk=2.0 option I read was required by GC. Still the same
> symptoms. Can anyone offer an opinion as to which options need to be set
> in which packages? Thanks.

I also built gnucash-2.6.10 on Slackware-14.1 (32 bit in my case) and the
reports and graphs work correctly.

I noticed a comment in the GnuCash code that might be relevant. The comment
says that GnuCash exports the report to a file, then loads that file for
viewing with webkit, to 'get around some security problems' on Linux
But the fix code is conditional on webkit support.

Two questions then: 1) When you make reports in GnuCash, are temporary
files with names like gnc-report-*.html appearing in your /tmp directory?
They should be. 2) What version of webkit did you use? (I'm using
webkitgtk-2.4.9)