Report Problem

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sat Jan 30 12:36:40 EST 2016

On 1/30/2016 10:21 AM, Joseph Hesse wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please help. I am confused with the myriad of options for doing reports.
>
> I want to list the totals for each of the children of Expenses for the
> previous year and not to list the individual transactions. Something
> like what you see when you go into Accounts, but just for the past
> year. Please point me in the right direction.
>
> Thank you,
> Joe
Income Statement  (aka Profit and Loss aka Statement of Revenues
depending on the nature of the entity for which the books are kept) You
can see by that the developers would have a problem picking the name for
the report. But anyway ....

This is the (standard) report that for the specified time interval (will
ignore before and after that) will give the totals for all accounts of
type income and expense. You might be able to select just some accounts,
but why bother. Just ignore the ones of no interest to you. IF you have
a very deeply nested CoA you might have to change the nesting level
displayed. And you will have other choices to make about how the results
are to be displayed (you will HAVE to specify the time interval). So I
suggest, being new to the report, that you explore what report options
are available (Edit => Report options; you do that AFTER opening the report)

Michael