Simple investment tracking - Wealthfront, Betterment, etc

jmk jmk at cmail.nu
Sun Jan 31 14:29:46 EST 2016

I was wondering if anyone has some tips on tracking investments through
one of the robo advisors with their numerous trades.

I track individual funds in my 401k (which is tedious enough), but
having securities/accounts defined for everything used in my Wealthfront
account is becoming too time consuming. What are some "simplified"
methods for tracking an investment portfolio?  Currently I'm doing
something like this which doesn't feel right to me:

1/3/16 : Monthly account value update
   Assets:Investments:Wealthfront (+/- the difference from last months
value)
   Equity:Balance Adjustments (+/- the difference from last months value)