Transaction report with subtotals only, not individual, transactions?

Jim DeLaHunt from.gnucash at jdlh.com
Wed Jun 8 20:40:56 EDT 2016

John:

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:53:48 -0400, John Morris <johnjeff at editide.us> wrote:
> ...You are almost there. I think you just need to also uncheck the amount in the Display tab of the Transaction Report options. That should remove the last vestige of the individual transactions, but it will retain the subtotals as long as you have them selected in the Sort tab....

Right you are!

What I missed is that the Amount entry in the Display tab is not a
checkbox, it's a pull-down menu. I overlooked it. The other entries are
mostly checkboxes.

The pull-down menu has items, "Single", "Double", and "None". Set the
Amount entry to "None", and sure enough the Amount column disappears
from the report. With enough other checkboxes unchecked, yes, the
individual transaction rows disappear from the report.

Thank you for the tip!

--
   --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com   http://blog.jdlh.com/ (and jdlh.com)
     multilingual websites consultant. GnuCash 2.6.11 on MacOS X 10.10.

       157-2906 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V6K 2G8, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953